When we realize we are unhealthy and overweight, we have often been ignoring our bodies for far too long. You absolutely must listen to your body. Here are five ways your body is telling you that you need a change:
1) Your eyes: have you noticed that the dark circles under your eyes are darker and deeper? This is a sign that you need to take more time to sleep. What may not be so obvious is that dark circles can also be a sign of food allergies. Talk to your doctor about this symptom and journal your food intake to see what foods make you feel different.
2) Your gut: You may think you’ve gained weight, but you may be bloated. Certain foods can cause inflammation in your gut. An inflamed gut can cause a series of other health issues. Once again, a food journal may help you identify the foods that are causing this.
3) Your hair and nails: You may think it’s just a sign of aging but thinning hair and brittle nails can indicate hormonal issues, thyroid conditions or be a sign of malnourishment. Your nails can be brittle from excess moisture, overuse of polish, or aging. However, this can also indicate a lack of certain nutrients in your body.
4) Your skin: Patches, rashes, spots and lines can all indicate that your body is not performing to its fullest potential. When people are healthy and strong their skin shows it! Take the time to observe changes in your skin and don’t ignore it.
5) Head to toe: Do you feel exhausted, or weak? Do you feel like you are dragging along in your day? This may mean you need to evaluate your routine and make a change for your health now. Often simple changes in diet, excercise and rest can make a big difference in your overall health. Not all foods are for everyone, so listen to your body. The more you pay attention the better you will get at identifying what makes you feel your best.